Sunday, October 10, 2010

Where does the time go?

Have you ever noticed that when you immerse yourself in something that the time just seems to slip away from you.  I am quickly approaching the deadline (who knows, I could already have passed it) where we should be moving out of the biology unit and into the next unit (most likely chemistry), and yet there is so much ecology left to do that I am sure I could spend another month and a half and only get through half of it.

I have to admit, some of the students are starting to lose their enthusiasm for the topic and that is reason enough to move on.  A more detailed and thorough study of these concepts can be had in the environmental science course.  I keep forgetting that kids will have a chance to learn more after grade 9 and I don't have to cover everything in exacting and infinite detail.

Parent teacher interviews next week and with all of the formative and standards based stuff I've been doing, there is very little in the way of traditional assessment items to point at.  I hope the students (at the very least) can see where they are headed and strive for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment